Saturday 26 March 2011

Something I Think You Should Hear

Keri Hilson - No Boys Allowed

Keri Hilson is definitely a dark horse, and with No Boys Allowed I think she's inviting us all to see who she really is. With her last instalment I thought we were seeing, and forgive me for what I'm about to say, I thought we were seeing talent on the level of Aaliyah. With backing from Timbaland I was sure Keri Hilson was going to be that artist that touched us deeply with her music but it turns out she really is not.

No Boys Allowed is not a bad album, I do like a couple songs, I really like 'One Night Stand' but of course there are a lot of songs that I don't like. The number one one being 'Pretty Girl Rock' and for anyone female who thinks that song is empowering *pauses* I have to question who you'd regard as a strong women.

So yeah the album's alright but what I'm not understanding is why it's called No Boys Allowed when all she does is sing about boys, I guess common sense isn't common anymore. This album is just standard, I wish that Keri would drop this "I don't need a man attitude", yeah it was cute in 'Turning Me On' but it quickly turned to trashy with 'The Way You Love Me'.

As much as I dislike this song, I figured it's only fair you see exactly why I think it's so bad:



Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock

Overall I'm not loving it but do let me know what your thoughts are on No Boys Allowed  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking Time To Comment & Please Continue To Follow xx