Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Glamourous Life...

Issue 120: March 2011
Magazine cover
Personal Opinion: Very Pretty & Very Annoying in GLEE
I know it's a bit late but I shouldn't have to tell you what I'm about to do because you already know, so let's get it going...

The top three 'Hey, it's OK...' from this month are:
  1. "...if you're the one who writes her name on her stapler at work. Well, if people will insist on taking what's not theirs"
  2. "...to send the odd tipsy text to a man. Drunken, tearful 3am phone calls, though, not OK"
  3. "...to be over the age of 12 and still wear mittens. They're very trendy, actually"
This month's cover-star is Lea Michele from Glee. I have to admit she started off as one of  the funnier characters in Glee, then she became very annoying but in the more recent episodes of the second series she's started to grow on me again and gives me the occasional laugh out loud moment in some of her scenes. (But none of the cast of Glee are funnier than Brittany - b****!).

But back to GLAMOUR, now from reading my previous posts of 'The Glamourous Life...' I've realised that I hardly talk about the fashion content within the magazine, so it's time to switch it up.

Now I'm not big on following fashion trends because personally I don't get the hype around some trends, especially as some don't even last long and let's be real I don't have the monetary status to keep up with every trend. But a trend that I am definitely feeling is the bright block colours. In this issue GLAMOUR created a wicked ten page spread with the help of photographer, Coliena Rentmeester, called 'POP YOUR COLOUR' which for me sold the trend.

For those of you who know me (which is all of my 20 followers) you know that nothing makes me happier than, (1) eating good food, (2) watching a good film, and (3) experimenting with make-up; and if there's one thing that GLAMOUR caters to is us make-up fiends. 'Beauty With POW!' by Charlotte-Anne Fidler, highlights the hottest hair and make-up trends for this summer and I am loving it. As a young black girl, I'm fed up of playing it safe with my colour palette so with a little help from Sleek I will be rocking so many different shades of colour when the sun comes out.

I don't want to say too much more because you need to go get yourself your own copy but until next month - stay glamourous.

1 comment:

Thank You For Taking Time To Comment & Please Continue To Follow xx