Monday 4 April 2011

30 Second In The Mind Of...

Merrick McKay
McKay Model Behaviour - Work It!
Merrick McKay, 19, is a devoted fashion blogger and student who describes himself as epic, bold and hilarious. His thirst for fashion has prompted him to undertake a degree in Fashion Marketing & Promotion at the London College of Fashion. On completion of his degree McKay is looking to break into the industry doing pretty much anything which recognises his talent and pays him well. He describes the day he cut his shoulder length hair as the day he faced his biggest challenge to date, as well as achieving his proudest moment. So, without any further ado, welcome to the mind of Merrick McKay...

What couldn't you live without?
Jesus; He's sucha G!

What would you say is your worst habit?
I'm a little OCD when it comes to things - especially the physical aspects in life. I'm always striving for perfection even when it doesn't matter. For instance, I spend at least 4 hours on each essay I do trying to get the correct format for my essay (laughs), which is quite uncool.

What do you find really annoying in other people?
People who put down others, because every human being desires to be appreciated or feel important - FACT! Which is something that the fashion industry lacks incredibly and p****s me off! If you haven't got the energy to say "thank you", which are two of the most appreciated words, or even show a glimmer of a smile to your interns, you can at least make sure you pay them for their hard work; especially after 3 months. (Pauses) Oh, and cocky attitudes (smiles).

What is your guilty pleasure?
(Smiles) 'Fireworks' by Katy Perry (laughs); she shut it down!

What would be your dream job?
Owning various boutiques around the world which sale high-fashion brands like Yves Saint Laurent and Givenchy - I would have the coolest company work-force in the world.

ONE thing no-one knows about you...
I have Indian and Chinese in me and last year I found out that I have a full Ghanian great Gran - my heritage just gets better and better (laughs).

Merrick's Favourites
Song
I Want You by Erykah Badu

Video
Website
*(Apparently it's not appropriate for this blog so we'll leave it at that)

You can follow Merrick McKay on TWITTER or check out his BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking Time To Comment & Please Continue To Follow xx