Friday 28 January 2011

Something I Think You Should Hear...



Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

I'm going be honest - after '808s and Heartbreak', I was like, "Ok, obviously Kanye's going through some s**t so I'll allow him." I found that album very dissapointing and I did think Mr. West had lost it but then he reminded me why I have all his albums when he released 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy'.

This is album will go down as one of my favourite hip-hop albums of all time because Kanye West displayed some crazy talent. Song after song is perfect but moreso than achieving perfection, I feel like this album marks the return of real music. What excites me even more about this album is seeing what visuals Kanye will put to the words when he releases his singles, and if the 'Power' video is anything to go by then Mr. West should be recieveing numerous VMAs.

Favourites from this album have to be (1) All Of The Lights ft. Rihanna, Kid Cudi & many more, (2) Monster ft. Rick Ross, Jay Z & Nicki Minaj, and (3) So Appaulled ft. Jay Z, Pusha T, Prynce Cy Hi, Swizz Beatz & The RZA.

Here's the video for one of my favourite tracks off the album:
 

Kanye West - All Of The Lights ft. Rihanna & Kid Cudi

NOTE: This album review should've appeared much earlier as I did get the album hot on its release in November 2010 but I was busy and everything I've said about the album still applies to this very date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking Time To Comment & Please Continue To Follow xx