Tuesday 15 February 2011

Still In Hibernation...

Ok, I know I said that I was in hibernation but I can't leave my blog without gracing it with the video below.


So you've probably grasped that I'm a big fan of music, and every so often a song will come along that is just amazing. On average I spend about  12 hours in a week on my laptop updating my iPod - this is not a fact, it's simply for emphasis, meaning that I have an decent collection of music which varies across different genres.


I've known about J. Cole for a while now. I liked his song 'Who Dat', his verse on Miguel's track 'All I Want Is You' was banging and I thought his mixtapes were alright. I remember getting his mixtape, 'Friday Night Lights' around about the same time I got Kanye West's album, 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' and so naturally I just skimmed through Cole's mixtape, whilst I banged out Mr. West's album. Therefore, the only times I listened to J. Cole's tracks was when my iPod was on shuffle and I couldn't be asked to change the track - hey, I've gotta be honest but I still liked him.

His first two mixtape's (The Come Up & The Warm Up) were decent and he kind of reminded me of Nas a little bit, which is of course a good thing, but there was something about them that just didn't have me hooked. Difference is now I've listened to his mixtape properly and in my opinion it could've been an album. Since Tuesday 15th February, the only song that I have been listening to is the video below, and it's because I can not get enough of the way this song has been put together. Each note and each word is perfectly in sync; I salute J. Cole (and Drake - even though I do not appreciate the fact he has failed to go to the gym or get a haircut or visit his stylist) because I thought good music was dying out but he's proved me wrong and the video's not too bad either; actually tell a lie, I really like the video.


I'm officially a J. Cole fan, so enjoy.




J. Cole - In The Morning ft. Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking Time To Comment & Please Continue To Follow xx