Thursday 21 October 2010

Put That Song On Replay

So I'm back for the third time to tell you about the songs I've been banging out on my iPod and as time is far spent I might as well get going with the first tuneage...


Miguel - All I Want Is You ft. J. Cole
If you don't fall in love with this song then I seriously need to question your hearing. This is perhaps the most chilled out song I've heard all year and there is something about it that just makes me feel like I'm listening to some good old school R&B and Miguel was right to choose J. Cole as the featuring artist because his lyrics just sync so well with everything Miguel is singing about.


Loick Essien - Love Drunk
Loick Essien has finally arrived. If you're like me you'll remember he featured on the vocals of Chipmunk's single 'Beast' (which by the way is banger too) and now he is here releasing his own material. I'm expecting big things from Loick as his first single 'Love Drunk' is absolutely fantastic.


 
Usher - DJ Got Us Falling In Love ft. Pitbull
I'm not gonna lie when I first heard this I was like, "Huh? Is this really what Usher is doing now?" but after a few listens I figured it weren't too bad but the selling point for this single was the video. In this video I just feel as though Usher has gone back to what he is made for and that my friends is making us dance. Honestly since 'Confessions' I believe that this is the first video Usher has released where he seems to be really enjoying himself - hence making us (the viewers) enjoy ourselves too. 


Jazmine Sullivan - Holding You Down (Goin' In Circles)
Right, the bottom line is Jazmine Sullivan can sing. This lady has one of those voices that just makes you wanna sing along as if to say the song is directly speaking about your life. Similar to Miguel's 'All I Want Is You' this song just has that old school vibe to it.


Big Boi - Follow Us ft. Vonnegutt
'Shutterbug' was of course a banger and proved that musical genius Big Boi still has it in him to get us all bubbling. With the track 'Follow Us' he has once again proved that no-one knows how get featuring artists to bring a song alive like he does and I would have to say that this song is definitely a riding track.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is a great way to catch up and Shutterbug is a tuuuuunnnnnneeee
    Love Jazmine Sullivan " Baby I want you baaaadddd"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Sandy Tea - I'ma try my best to keep you updated via my avid love for ice cream and writing. Thanks for the comment xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Taking Time To Comment & Please Continue To Follow xx