Monday 15 November 2010

The Glamourous Life...

This Post Is Dedicated To My Beautiful Sister - Happy Birthday!
Issue 116: November 2010
Magazine cover
Personal Opinion: I Love This Dress!
Right - so I'm back again to review this month's issue of GLAMOUR (yes, I'm still obsessed with this magazine). This month's cover star is the gorgeous Dannii Minogue who is wearing a beautiful blue dress which I absolutely adore simply because it is really pretty. Also the material of dress reminds me of the stunning lace that many Nigerian women (to be specific BUT other African women too) wear on various occasions but enough about the dress and let's talk about the magazine.


Skimming through the magazine I of course landed on my favourite page - 'Hey, it's OK...' which proved to be just as funny as ever, for me this issue's best 'Hey it's OK...' was "...to do the sexy-nightie thing - then change into a T-shirt for actual sleeping" - that's something I've definitely done.


So! There's no denying that I'm a GLAMOUR girl but every once in a while an issue comes out and I'm a bit like, "Hmmm...maybe I'm too young to be reading this", and sadly this was one of those issues where I found it hard to relate to a lot of the features because they were somewhat too old for me. With that being the case I had to read my 'GLAMOURScope' - which is never a good idea - but not surprisingly the reading didn't apply to me as I'm not currently in a relationship, so yeah that was kinda irrelevant.


With the criticism over, I did really, really, really enjoy reading 'How We Got Our Jobs At GLAMOUR' because as a young writer about to burst onto the scene it's nice to know how people working in my dream field got to where they are and to read what advice they hand out to people like me. 


As a big fan of fashion magazines I love going page to page and getting acquainted with the hottest looks and my favourite lookbook pages were the 'All The Knits You'll Ever Need' - I think it's time to upgrade my winter wardrobe. Although I liked all looks, the best looks (in my opinion) were (in no particular order):
  • SEXY because winter won't stop me from showing off what God gave me
  • SHORT because I'm all about the maxi scarf and the look is so easy to put together
  • RETRO because it's such a classy look that I'll try when I'm like 23...maybe 24
December issue I'll be waiting for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking Time To Comment & Please Continue To Follow xx