Sunday 19 December 2010

All Cards Laid Out...Or Not?

Now That's What I Call A Full House!
As a week of being bed-bound due to illness draws to an end, I figured I'd relieve my mind of thoughts that have been laying heavy on my head...


Being single is fun - for the purpose of the rant that is about to commence I thought it'd be a good idea to state that. So yeah, single life has it's perks but recently I've been bored of my own company and I feel as though it's time to jump back on the relationship bandwagon.


Now perhaps it's the weather or the fact I've not been feeling like myself because I'm ill but it is something I've considered this week. But then I'm thinking to myself, "really?" because like any other type of relationship it's hard work and very, very, very time consuming and there's always trying to find a potential partner - like where should I look?


I'm not one for hooking up with strangers because London is full of some dodgy characters, no one  who adds you on Facebook wants to be just your "friend" anymore and you always gain the risk of losing a friend if they hook you up with someone and it goes bad.


See I believe before getting "in deep" with someone you need to know what you're in for and therefore I honestly believe in the importance of people being willing to put all their cards out on the table. That way you can make that all important decision as to whether to stick with the potential or take the nearest exit on your right.  


I think my generation are too much into the spontaneity business - I mean for real the world isn't coming to an end, so let's chill for a bit and get to know our potential spouses. Now I'm not gonna lie living for the moment can be fun but the older I get the more I think about the future and the future is happening now.


Therefore I can't be asked to rush into something, only to find a few months down the line that the person standing beside me isn't the person I thought they were because I didn't actually give myself the time to get to know them. 


Don't get me wrong I totally get that new relationships are a chance for a fresh start and you may not wanna let your guards down too quickly until you know you can trust the other person. However, with that said I think it's only fair to let the potential know of any medical history problems (particularly to do with mental health) or any crazy ex-lovers.


To conclude, as a wise man (Ablito) once told me that even if you choose to keep your cards hidden it is important to be clear and make things as black and white as possible.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out bowla lol your the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said and has summarised everything i've felt about this particular 'topic'.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Taking Time To Comment & Please Continue To Follow xx