Saturday 24 September 2011

Something I Think You Should Hear...

*** UPDATED! ***

Frank Ocean - Nostalgia/Ultra

Now I don't know a lot about Frank Ocean and Odd Future, but what I do know is this mixtape is a great starting point for Mr. Ocean's career.

What I won't say is that Frank Ocean is original because every artist draws influence from someone but Ocean's music is very refreshing and if he makes all the right moves he'll definitely be one of the heavy hitters before 2011's over.

Nostalgia/ULTRA is a good mixtape because it's just good music, he has original tracks and he has taken samples from some unlikely tunes but he's made it work. I can't say that I can relate to everything he is singing about but it's that raw realness that makes this mixtape a good'un. My hopes for Frank Ocean is that he continues to stay on this high, release more music and don't change for the sake of making an album that can appeal to all because that's not what it's about.

Favourites on this mixtape are 'Nature Feels', 'We All Try' and the song below 'Swim Good'.



Frank Ocean - Swim Good

Let me know what you think about Nostalgia/ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking Time To Comment & Please Continue To Follow xx